Monday, August 10, 2009

December 30, 2008

Dear All,

I am forwarding this as David requested. David is on a mission for two years in Kennewick, Washington. The Lord has greatly blessed him and us. May God's greatest blessings be to you and yours now and in eternity. Love, Mama B. :) (Fran Berryhill)

Date: Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Hey guys its wonderful to hear from you once again. Thank you Mom for the last sentence of encouragement in your most recent e-mail. It brings me comfort to just as it did then. I feel that I am only just now becoming aware of the blessings and the sacrifices asscoiated with accepting this call. Thank you all for the support you have so selflessly given. Those few weeks before I left were the most vulnerable. Thank you. Well how are things at home? I heard that they are assembling the building. How are you feeling? Are you both in good health? What about Grandma and Grandpa? How is everyone and what are they up to? Well if it is all right I would like to share something I have learned. I have learned the importance of unity. If you could imagin for a moment a triangle. Christ is at the head and both companions at the bottom. This best illistrates how that we work together to become like Christ and become of one mind and one heart with Him. However there is one element that is not appearent in this illistration. That is the holy ghost. While I was at the MTC we had for our devotional Elder Jeffery R. Holland speak to us. He spoke of every companionship that if there were a two some there was a three some and if there were a three some there was a foursome. Why? That is because of the Holy Ghost. He said... "You do not go anywhere, say anything or do anything until you have the Holy Ghost with... When you do remember you have a member of the Godhead with you!". Having the spirit with you is paramount! I can not stress that enough. We must understand the lanuage and the customs of the spirit. For there are things in other countries's customs that offened others so it is with the spirit. Getting along with you companion helps the spirit and the work roll along. Well I have to go. I love you all so much and I hope that you enjoy this wonderful thing as much as I did. If you could pass this along, this thing I've shared, that would be great!
Love all. Talk to you later.

Love Elder Berryhill

No comments:

Post a Comment