Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Date: Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hey Mom and Dad and everybody!

Thanks Mom and Dad for the happy birthday! And the package to. I haven't "looked inside it" yet. Like I mean I opened it but then I felt like I should wait so I did. Thought I'd save it for my birthday. Heh I don't know if I'm prepared for this :0. Just one of those things where you are like..." Hmm that came up alot faster than I expected.'. Well alot of things are comin' up. We have one person on date for baptism. Her name is Robin. I don't know if I told you this or not but here it goes. We also have two other people as potentials for baptism. They are Audra and Brandon. Audra is married to Jeff who is less active. They are really into baseball and have been coming out to play baseball next to the church. It is an event that the ward has put on for those who want to play. Audra is a really outstanding lady. She has taught her children amazing principles and morals and this she did before she met Jeff so no influence from the church yet. Her children are really mature and respectful. We hope to baptize them as well. A couple of weeks ago the family came to church and were welcomed abundantly which I believe the husband who is less active he didn't expect. I am soo grateful for members when they do their part. They can be soo much more effective [than] missionaries could ever be sometimes. Like with Audra a year ago she wouldn't have a gospel topic conversation. And now we are teaching her the Plan of Salvation! Periodically through out our lessons with her she will chuckle and shake her head and say "I can't believe that we are talking [about] this.". I think of this truth taught by an Apostle of the Lord the study of doctrine will change behavior better then study of behavior will change behavior. Audra one day was on the road when her tire went flat. In her words she said that she was a big girl and knew how to take care of herself but a man stopped by and fixed her tire. With that thanks were said and he left. People doing random acts of kindness. It stood out to her as she had grown up around people who really didn't do that sort of thing. A few weeks later a strong wind blew down a tree onto her car. Jeff called the Elders quorum and they came. during the project Audra came out and the man who was operating the chainsaw looked really familiar. It was him! Who is that guy? she asked. That is Brother so and so from church. He replied. Because of those small acts of kindness she opened her doors to us and now we are teaching her. Our examples make a difference. If we did that, I don't know if it would be the same outcome. I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it's true. I am thankful to be out here I know there are alot of changes back at home good and bad but it is okay. I know you know that too. Like Mom said the Gospel is true so what else matters. I have felt His protection and do feel His protection over me. It is real. Not a metaphorical thing. Well I have to go but I will talk to you all later. Thank you all for everything that you do. Well until next time have a wonderful day and remember the gospel is true so what else matters:) Love ya!

Love
Elder Berryhill

No comments:

Post a Comment